Carlson Software’s revolutionary Precision 3D platform combines the easy and delight of a completely 3D environment with the rigor and precision of sophisticated engineering tools. Much more than 3D just as a visualization tool, the software utilizes the newest technologies to allow users to easily combine data from a wide variety of sources to create high fidelity 3D surfaces (P3D Topo) and hydrology-related deliverables (P3D Hydro).
● Create surfaces from point cloud data.
○ No reduction for highest resolution
○ Grid Reduction for faster loading of large surfaces
● Create surfaces from imported points and polylines.
● Add points and breakline polylines to existing surfaces.
● Crop and merge surfaces
● Real-time surface editing with dynamic contours
● Unified calculate volumes command and includes new surface to surface volumes.
● Surfaces created or used as top surface display cut/fill volumes in properties window.
● Add/remove points
● Add breaklines
● Swap triangle edges
● Remove triangles
● Edit point elevation
● Set point elevation from slope
● Surface smoothing
● Improve ridges and valleys
● Remove dimples (small shallow spots)
● Create PAD template surfaces for cut and fill
● Simple texturing using polylines
● Crop surfaces to polyline
● Merge Surfaces
Remarkably Easy-To-Use 3D Engineering Design Software
Control ‘the Cloud’ like Never Before
● Remove trees, vegetation, cars, building using bare ground filter.
● Apply bareground filter and all other filters within polygon boundaries.
● Point Cloud point selector tool for delete and crop, with the ability to create a new cloud from the selection.
● Copy pointcloud regions inside polygons.
● Save pointcloud to LAS/LAZ version 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 including coordinate projection WKT.
● Uses multiple CPU cores for faster performance.
● Merge multiple pointclouds together.
● Crop pointclouds.
● Delete pointcloud points.
● Crop/delete points using polygons.
● Reduce points using smart voxel grid, outlier and shadow points filters.
Carlson’s latest desktop software release brings users new features, increased speed, and more efficient workflows. Fully compatible with Windows 11, Carlson 2022 comes with the power of IntelliCAD 10.1, the newly-released update to CAD platform that brings increased speed and new features for Carlson users, and is also compatible with AutoCAD 2017-2022. The 2022 release also delivers powerful new features such as above ground feature extraction, as well as many other time-saving innovations and automated new features, as well as improvements to many major existing elements.
Carlson products installed on top of the CAD products of IntelliCAD or AutoCAD, are subject to the same requirements as the CAD engine itself. Please follow the requirements for the CAD platform listed below and allow an additional 750 MB of hard-drive space for the Carlson application.
Intel® Pentium® 4 or comparable (minimum), Intel i7 or at least Intel i5 or comparable (recommended). Due to the variety of processors on the market, one can use cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php to do comparative analysis. While the overall processor score matters, the single thread performance is of the most interest.
Graphics card compatible with OpenGL Version 1.4 or higher:
Learn more information about IntelliCAD.
Please note the CPU compatibility below: older AMD CPUs like Athlon XP+ do not support SSE2 technology and can not run Embedded AutoCAD 2018 products.
Please note the CPU compatibility below: older AMD CPUs like Athlon XP+ do not support SSE2 technology and can not run Embedded AutoCAD 2013 products.
Please note the CPU compatibility below: older AMD CPUs like Athlon XP+ do not support SSE2 technology and can not run Embedded AutoCAD 2010 products.
Please visit the AutoCAD System Requirements page for current specifications which are subject to change without advance notice. Please visit the Autodesk summary of the Operating system compatibility for AutoCAD (Autodesk Bulletin TS14078105) for historical references between AutoCAD and its supported operating system(s).
Please see contents above for hard disk space requirements for the Carlson application.
Hardware Minimum Requirements Recommended Most Powerful CPU G4560I7I9 RAM16GB 32GB 64GB or more SSD MVMe 250 GB free1 TB free2 TB or more Graphics Card not required*not required*not required*
* Nvidia Geforce series cards are recommended for other Carlson Software product
A customer’s relationship with Carlson Software goes beyond simply purchasing our software – with Regional Managers throughout the country, free technical support for life, and training options for any budget – we’ve got you covered!